Sunday, November 18, 2012

George Washington slept in my fabric closet...


Well, not really, but I do have this great fabric in my stash.  I bought a yard of it to use as part of a backing for this quilt top

picnic quilt

which is far from done, but I wanted to snatch up some George before he was gone :)  I want to have this quilt done for next Fourth of July, so I need to get busy on it this winter.  The next step is going to be tricky, but if it comes out like I envision, it is going to look fabulous {I'm making it up as I go along with this top}

I also won a charm pack of Amy Butler Dots from Such a Sew and Sew and The Fat Quarter Shop! {thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!} I already have plans for these dots, but it will have to wait awhile.  there are several projects ahead of it in line :)

i'm linking up to Sunday Stash @ Blossom Heart Quilts.  What have you stashed lately?

6 comments:

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

What a great backing! Very patriotic indeed :)

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Perfect backing for a 4th July quilt! Love it!

Finding Fifth said...

Though I live in Australia I love civil war reproductions and I have this Washington fabric in my stash. And today my Aussie son named his chicken Washington. And I named my one Obama. Hehehe.

Celtic Thistle said...

I love your patriotic quilt and what perfect backing!

Cindy Sharp said...

Lol, you made me remember all of the signs I saw as a kid in New Jersey that said, "Washington Slept Here." I sure hope Martha was good about it.

Anonymous said...

Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your article seem to be running off the screen in Firefox.

I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know.
The design and style look great though! Hope
you get the problem solved soon. Many thanks
Here is my homepage ... Kredytopedia.Pl