Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WIP Wednesday, Penguin edition


The penguin quilt is coming along nicely.  I have sewn a bunch of WOF strips into pairs lengthwise.  These are just some of them spread out on my ironing board.  I plan to sew pairs of the pairs together lengthwise and then cut them into units width wise.  Then I'll sew those units into long strips of scrappy goodness.  Make sense? 

The quilt in my mind {which hopefully I can recreate in fabric} is inspired by this quilt made by Rachel over at Stitched in Color.  I'm going to space larger pieces of penguin fabric throughout the quilt.

I'm linking up today with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced and WOW at Esther's Blog
Happy Wednesday everybody!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful colors!

Cherie said...

Such a great quilt for inspiration! I hope the planning and cutting go well =D

Martha said...

Wonderful colors...I like it.

Cindy Sharp said...

Looks like the perfect place to house a few penguins.

Mandy said...

wow, I really love it! Leave it like that & just sew them up! Done! Looks very effective! Good job & looking forward to see the chopped version...

Celtic Thistle said...

Sounds like a plan!

Pomegranate Quilts said...

I cannot wait to see how this develops! The colours are so vibrant, this is going to make you son's room sing!