Sunday, October 28, 2012

taking care of business

Handmade by Heidi
 
Well, my FNSI wasn't as productive as I hoped it would be.  Still, I did sew some.  And I have new fabric to show.
 
 
These are nearly-done plastic grocery bag holders.  They were nearly-done before FNSI, but now they are a little bit more nearly-done.
 
 
Charm packs of Dear Mr. Claus by Cosmo Cricket & Joy by Kate Spain.  Squishy fabric mail makes me so happy, I had the package opened, and the first charm pack too, before I thought about pictures.  The fabrics in both of these are lovely, but I am a bit disappointed the Cosmo Cricket didn't include squares of the Santa Claus print that is part of this collection.  Sorry for the Icky night time photo.
 
 
Here are the charm squares, all opened up
 
 
and ironed in halves.  I'll be back to tell you more about what I'm up to, but right now I need to go finish getting ready for the hurricane/tropical storm that is going to hit us tomorrow.  Power outages are expected, I just hope my road doesn't wash away {that has happened a couple times, both above us and below us, leaving us housebound for a few days}
 
Happy sewing everybody, and stay safe in whatever weather you are experiencing! :)
I'm linking up to Sunday Stash

4 comments:

Cherie said...

It's so cool seeing fabric all laid out like that! I'll keep an eye out to see what you're making.

Hope the storm doesn't do too much damage!

Deborah said...

I've been sewing with the Dear Mr. Claus and I was so disappointed that Santa wasn't included! That's one of the reasons I bought it! But all your fabric is lovely and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

What beautiful fabric choices, and I'm interested in what you will do with them. I'm also interested in the bag holders.
Best wishes for safety during the storm. We've had high winds since yesterday and it hasn't even hit yet (in CT)!

Finding Fifth said...

Ooo everytime I see that 'Joy' i like it even more. I will have to read up about Mrs Claus to see what you mean about the missing print.

While I was away we watched lots of news reports about Superstorm Sandy and cannot believe the destruction and death it caused. How did NH fare? I was reading a book about the sword boats and was wondering whether they headed into port or out to sea. Sad that the 'Bounty' replica sank.

Thanks for linking up.