Wednesday, October 10, 2012

penguins


So far, this is what I have for my son's penguin quilt.  Top left are two log cabin blocks.  There are two more partial blocks I didn't put in the photo.  I've given up on the log cabin blocks, for a bunch of mundane reasons I won't bore you with, but now that I see these two again, I really like them a lot.  Maybe they will become pillows.  Because I need to add to my WIP list, it is far too short.  Yeah.

On the top right is part of the panel that started it all.  It was one of those quick kits - just cut in two, back & bind for two small and cute wall hangings.  That was the plan.  Until my son had a conniption at the thought of putting a hanging sleeve on his penguins. {what was I thinking!}  He wanted to snuggle his penguins.  I really should have seen that coming, he has always been my snuggler :)


I've got a ton of strips, in all different sizes and shades of blue.  There are snowflakes, stripes, plaids, solids, and others.  This isn't all of them.  Plus larger pieces of penguin fabrics. 

All my cutting is done; I just need to sit down and sew.  Except for one thing.  I'm not sure what I want to make out of all this chaos.  Suggestions?

I'm bringing the penguins over to Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday to check out what everyone else is doing :)

4 comments:

Celtic Thistle said...

Strings?

Cherie said...

I'm sure you'll find the right pattern for those fabrics! Such fun prints =D

FarahLin said...

maybe improv blocks?

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Maybe asterisks? They could be like snowflakes around the penguins?

Love the idea of turning the log cabins into cushions!