Saturday, October 15, 2011

tote your fuit & veggies

A few days ago I gave you a little peak at what I was making with some fruit & veggie fabrics.  {go here to check it out if you would like to} Well, this is what I was making:



I made this tote with scraps from a quilt I haven't finished yet.  Has anyone else out there finished a project from the scraps of another project that isn't finished yet? 

Would you like to see the quilting close up?


What's that? You want to see the lining? Sure:



Everything I used for this tote was scrap, including the batting.  I love using up my scraps  :)
Once I was all done, you know, when it it too late to fix a mistake, I noticed this:


I tried so hard to avoid two pieces of the same fabric landing side by side. I took pics of my layout and checked them with every seam I sewed.  I'm a bit disgusted with myself, I mean, it shouldn't be that hard to keep just 36 rectangles in the right spot, right?

Oh well, I hope the bag's new owner doesn't mind.

PS - This is the project with the deadline of bright & early tomorrow morning. I made it with a few hours to spare, yay!

3 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Congrats on an early (and great) finish Allison! Love the tote and the bright food fabrics. :)
xo
Kelli

Dorothy L. Wills said...

I thought it was going to be a table runner. I love the tote bag.
Yes, I have finished a scrap project before the original. I haven't decided if it is a wall hanging or a table runner yet but, it's finished.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I think the bags new owner will love it. And I think its extra satisfying making something all out of scraps :)