Wednesday, September 21, 2011

progress

Remember all those little squares on my kitchen table?  Well, here they are, and aren't they looking sweet all joined together :)   I haven't decided how to quilt it yet, but will probably use this as a chance to try something new-to-me.

It is about 32" x 34", so I've decided to call it a doll quilt.  Of course, now I need to make a doll to go with it.  And a pillow...

{my husband wanted to make sure he got credit for holding the quilt.  so yeah, those are the arms I'm married to.}

Now that my 'plus' signs are pieced, I was hoping to bring dinner back to the kitchen table, but this is what happened next:


Not very exciting to look at, is it?  :)  I got halfway through basting a quilt on my kitchen floor, and my can of 505 ran out.  Joanns doesn't have any.  I drove all the way to Keepsake, and they didn't have any.  {don't worry, I found a way to console myself while I was there :-) }

Until I figure out what to do, this is taped to my kitchen floor, and the table is in the livingroom.  Mealtime is getting interesting :)

I'm going to link up with The Needle and Thread Network.  Let's go see what everyone is working on!

1 comment:

Paulette said...

That's a sweet quilt! I have a plus quilt on my (long) bucket list too. Love the colors you used.