Monday, September 26, 2011

It's finished! But what is it?



I finished my 'plus' quilt, and I couldn't be more thrilled with how it has come out :)



I was intending to use this quilt to try a new quilting technique, but the previous day I quilted a lap quilt that didn't go as well as I'd hoped, so I decided to keep it simple this time.  Oh well, it was a new-to-me pattern anyway.

I didn't mark any lines, just stitched diagonally through the squares.  I can't wait to put this in the washer & dryer and see how it wrinkles up :)  Oh, and i measured it more precisely, and it is 29" x 31", just incase you were wondering.


Maybe it's a wallhanging for my sewing room, and not a doll quilt afterall :)

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations
Fresh Lemons Quilts

go ahead, click the buttons.  you know you want to. :)

Edited to Add the following links:


Fresh Poppy Design
and don't forget to hop over to The Needle and Thread Network!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

oh, that is darling, whatever you end up using it for! Very nice! (I did my one & only plus quilt this summer - they're fun, aren't they? And such a great result!)

trish said...

I just love your quilt! :o)

Sheila said...

Your quilt is just adorable , love the colors!