Tuesday, August 2, 2011

We Can Do It! Sampler... still chugging along


This is my block 6 for the We Can Do It! Sampler.  I'm not normally fond of using white (I've mention before that our quilts are often used to make bunkers and foxholes to fight off invaders) but I think it makes this block look so crisp and pretty.  :)

This was my first attempt at bowties, and I really loved them.  I can see a bowtie quilt in my future...


This white star print has been hanging around unused for a long time, because the stars look yellowed and 'gunky'.   But a few weeks ago I used some for the inside of my grocery bag holder (where it wouldn't be seen) and in the process realized that from the back the stars look much better.  So I used it wrong side up for my bowtie block, and I couldn't be happier.  Lovely looking star fabric + not wasting what I've already got = :)  In the picture above, I folded over the right corner of the block, so you can see the 'right' side of the fabric next to the 'wrong' side.  Can you see the improvement?

I'm linking up to Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story.  Come join the party!

3 comments:

Happy Turtle said...

The block looks very nice. I love the name of your blog and the description... Came by from Fabric Tuesday.
Carol

LisaAnn said...

I saw your block on Fabric Tuesday as well and loved the colors and the shapes. Lovely!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great bow tie block, they are fun to make aren't they? The background is perfect and it is amazing how a fabric can change if you use the back side. Read your sidebar and that is very ambitious to finish ALL of your UFO's by the end of the year............don't start any new ones. Your newest follower.