Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Playing Catch-Up

Well, the We Can Do It! Skill Builder Sampler started in June, but I had a lot on my plate, so I didn't start until July.  So I'm trying to sew June's blocks while still keeping up with July's.  Its sort of working :)

Here is block #2:
It was a bit challenging choosing fabrics to suit the requirments, but I'm happy with how my block turned out.

and here is block #3:
I only have block #1 & #5 to go, and I'll be caught up on the required blocks.  I'll probably make last month's challenge block when I make July's. 

This quilt is coming out very sweet and girly, so I will probably give it to my goddaughter when it is done.  If I can let it go ;)

I'm really enjoying this sampler and the chance to try new-to-me blocks without committing to a whole quilt of them.  One of my favorite parts of making a quilt is planning and choosing fabrics, and a scrappy sampler means I get to do that for every block.  Yup, this is the perfect quilt for my miniscule attention span  :)

I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday, head on over to see what everyone is working on.  :)

4 comments:

Quilt Genius said...

Nice blocks!

Mary
http://www.quiltgenius.com

Toni said...

Your blocks are looking great! I think I may have to start that Skill Builder quilt-along. Only mine would be more like a quilt-after-everyone else is done!

Kathy said...

Those are going to make a pretty quilt! Nice fabric choices.

Melinda said...

You're doing great. I'm doing this one too. I have learned so much and I'm enjoying it a lot!