Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Butterflies

We recently went on a field trip to The Butterfly Place.
It was amazing!  So many beautiful butterflies, flying all around us :)



As I stood there enjoying these lovely creatures with my sons,

I was inspired to pick up one of my UFO's. (please excuse the bluriness of this photo - this was one of my favorite butterflies, but they didn't perch for more than a second, and so were very hard to get a picture of)


Another project that has been in the works for awhile - this one I am piecing by hand, and I plan to quilt it by hand as well.  I am packing my butterfly blocks up and bringing them on a quilt retreat this weekend - {!!!!!}  More about both the retreat and the quilt later...


Oh, and the Butterfly Place also had this fabulous fish pond {love those fish}:


No comments: