Monday, March 14, 2011

it started with one fabric....


Have you been to one of those fundraisers where you pay a set price, get a bag, and fill it with fabric that had been donated to the 'cause'?  Well, that's how I got this piece of fabric. 

It's ugly, in a nice kind of way, and I don't have anything in my stash to go with it; so it's chances of making it into a quilt were slim.  Every now and then I find an ugly fabric that I just really like a lot, and this is one of them.  It reminds me of the cushions my Mother made for around the kitchen table way back when.  Not that the cusions were ugly, they were a cheater fabric also :)

Anyway, this print has been on top every time I go sift through my stash, so I decided to make a mug rug with it.  I had two pieces close to fat quarter size, which was just about perfect.

So I made some hearts. 
I had solid red in my stash, but not a solid blue, so I used the wrong side of a blue-with-silver-sparkles fabric that I have.


That white fabric in the middle is from my stash also.
Those hearts were hand appliqued down.
Right now, I'm nearly done quilting my mug rug.  When I finish it, I'll show you, ok? :)

No comments: