Wednesday, March 23, 2011

how to make laundry fun OR a desperation for spring flowers and warm sunshine

Hello!
My sewing machine has been pretty quiet this week, but the washer has been humming away!  These are just some of the fabrics I've been prewashing to use in another of my UFO's.
This quilt is the second I ever started, and this is as far as I got with it. There will be 23 varieties of flowers when it is done.

Here in New Hampshire, we had a tease of beautiful spring-like weather, but now we are back to this:

I'm longing for spring's flowers, but my gardens are under snowbanks, so I'm appliqueing some fabric ones until the real deal starts popping up in the backyard :)

I love my garden flowers, they bring much needed color and happiness to my days.
These are some of my favorites:

Dandelions
Daffodils
Lilacs
pink Lady's Slippers
Violets
Chinese Lanterns
Mayflowers
Johnny-Jump-Ups
Poppies
Jonquils
pink Bee Balm
Lupin
Black Eyed Susan
Snapdragons
Queen Anne's Lace
mums
Impatients
Buttercups

And you?  What are your favorite flowers?
I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced today.  If you haven't been over there, you really should stop by.  If you are new to my blog, welcome, and I hope you enjoyed your visit :) 
Happy Stitches everybody!

4 comments:

LisaAnn said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog today. I found you through your profile and I was admiring your applique. Very nice! I'm new to it myself but I do love it. How exciting it will be to have that quilt done!

Diane said...

What a beautiful springy block!

Inspiredbyfelix said...

Thanks for your comment. Just had a nose at your blog and that flower applique is going to be amazing - I also admire your patience to work through all of those!

Diane Bohn said...

Those flowers are amazing!! :) How nice! It's going to be a beautiful quilt! My favorite flower is Lilacs - for the smell, though it's probably more because I had lilacs in my yard growing up and they bring back so many good memories. :) I also love echinacea.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems with my free motion quilting (well, I guess I wish I was so you wouldn't be having that problem, but you know what I mean), I'm hoping I can find a solution somewhere. I'll let you know if I do. :)